Eli Moss stars as Sidbury Under-10s complete double over Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Sibury Under-10s were handsome winners when they entertained Ottery St Mary.
The teams had met earlier in the season with the Otters beaten on that occasion and looking to even things up. Ottery won the toss and invited Sidbury to bat first.
Scott and Ellie Monro Higgs opened and gave their side a terrific start with 40 runs coming from the opening four overs with five fours struck.
Ottery responded well to claim four wickets for just 12 runs when their second pair of bowlers were in action.
In a see-saw game, Sidbury hit back as Eli Moss and Will Russell added a further 22 runs for the loss of a couple wickets during their four overs at the crease.
You may also want to watch:
It all added up to Sidbury closing on 83 after each of their six pairs had batted – but a target of 84 to win was seemingly well within the Otters capabilities.
However, some tight Sidbury bowling from Anabelle Bird and Herbie Isherwood and wickets from Arthur Whitby, Oscar Bond, Karan Bountra and Immy Bagwell made it very difficult for Ottery and, when last pair Ellie and Scott Monro Higgs limited them to 12 of their four overs, it all left Ottery being restricted to a total of 42 to leave Sidbury as the victors.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
The Sidbury Player of the Match award went to Eli Moss who claimed a brace of splendid catches, but a close runner-up was Arthur Whitby who displayed some outstanding close-fielding techniques.
There was also success for Sidbury Under-11s as they won on their visit to Cullompton with a feature of their success being some excellent bowling.