Ellie Monro Higgs opens with maiden as Sidbury Under-8s tackle Whimple then Budleigh
Sidbury Under-8s played a couple of matches last week.
First up against Whimple Sidbury bowled first and got the perfect start with Ellie Monro Higgs bowling a maiden over.
Both sides showed a good level of skill from cricketers who ranged in age from five years to eight years!
The Whimple total of 221 was a tribute to the good bowling from Sidbury.
Whimple also showed that they could turn a ball when there chance came. In their ten overs with the bat Sidbury scored 213 and so lost the match by eight runs.
You may also want to watch:
Against Budleigh Salterton Sidbury fielded first against a good batting side who were willing to run regular singles and that helped their cause as they registered a total of 251.
The Sidbury reply was faced with some very accurate Budleigh bowling, but all players showed a willingness to swing out at every ball!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Toby Gosse and Chris Wallace proved to be the best Sidbury pairing and credit to the other batters as the team notched a respectable 238.
Thanks to both opposition teams who it is hoped Sidbury will meet again in return matches before the season ends.