Elliott and Wilson score hat-tricks as SOHC ladies seconds net 11
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies second team made a terrific start to the new league season as they recorded an emphatic 11-1 win over Bridgwater ladies second XI, writes by Suzanne Thorpe.
A move to Sedgemoor League Two has offered the team new opportunities to test out their goal-scoring prowess, and what a start they made!
From the first whistle the emphasis was on getting the ball forward as fast and as slickly as possible!
The visitors had trouble containing the movement and passing of the home side, but early chances were missed and it was Bridgwater who, against the run of play, scored first from a well-worked short corner.
That did not deter the adventure and enterprise of the SOHC team and they were son 2-1 up thanks to a brace of goals from Frankie Elliott. Rachel Ward soon added a third to put the home side in charge.
You may also want to watch:
It was the space in behind the Bridgwater defence that the SOHC forwards were looking to exploit, and further goals arrived from Evie Wilson, Francesca Forsyth before Elliott completed a first-half hat-trick to send SOHC into the break with a 6-1 lead.
The second half saw the home dominance continue. Ward bagged a second with the assist, like so many of the goals on the day, accredited to Jazmine Scott who shone throughout in a midfield berth.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
Wilson scored twice more to become the teams second hat-trick star of the day before goals from Alice Please and Katie Underwood completed the scoring.
Next up for the team is a trip to Taw Valley on Saturday (October 1).