Elliott nets four as SOHC ladies II net 10 against Minehead
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ second eleven powered to a 10-0 win over Minehead.
Charlotte Brodie showed herself to be a ‘warrior of the hockey pitch’ as, despite being injured in the warm-up, she bravely battled on was a warrior playing even after she was injured in the warm up.
A feature of the victory was the quality of the goal scoring with a number of impressive reverse stick shots finding the back of the net.
Frankie Elliott took the scoring honours with four of the goals and the others came from Jasmine Scott (2), Evie Wilson, Megan Thompson-Summers, Anna Rowson and Frankie Forsyth.
The ladies third team lost 3-0 to Isca V in a contest that was a lot closer than the final score suggests!
You may also want to watch:
Alice Dormer scored a hat-trick and there was a good all-round performance from the ladies fourth eleven that brought them a 5-1 victory over Teign. The other scorers were Lissy Moore and Norma Rich.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients