Elliott nets four as SOHC ladies II net 10 against Minehead
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ second eleven powered to a 10-0 win over Minehead.
Charlotte Brodie showed herself to be a ‘warrior of the hockey pitch’ as, despite being injured in the warm-up, she bravely battled on was a warrior playing even after she was injured in the warm up.
A feature of the victory was the quality of the goal scoring with a number of impressive reverse stick shots finding the back of the net.
Frankie Elliott took the scoring honours with four of the goals and the others came from Jasmine Scott (2), Evie Wilson, Megan Thompson-Summers, Anna Rowson and Frankie Forsyth.
The ladies third team lost 3-0 to Isca V in a contest that was a lot closer than the final score suggests!
You may also want to watch:
Alice Dormer scored a hat-trick and there was a good all-round performance from the ladies fourth eleven that brought them a 5-1 victory over Teign. The other scorers were Lissy Moore and Norma Rich.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon