Elsie Wiltshire impresses in the Jackie Box Fun Run.
- Credit: Archant
Taking part or helping out in the Tipton Jackie Box Fun Run on Saturday, were eight Sidmouth Running Club (SRC) juniors all of which were proudly wearing the Mighty Green, writes Kerry Boyle.
Three of them; Elsie Wiltshire, Seth Lancaster and Dominic Hall, had participated in the recent FUNdementals in athletics course.
The other five all have parents or siblings who are SRC members.
The more experienced of the group started off steadily, knowing that it was a mile and not to sprint off too fast across the playing fields at Tipton.
The next part along the river was harder to negotiate through the cow field and rabbit holes, but despite a few trips and ankle twists they picked themselves up and all completed the run back along the old train track to the Tipton playing fields.
You may also want to watch:
All of the children received a medal and a large sugary snake for their fantastic efforts!
Elsie Wiltshire a local from Tipton received a haul of medals winning first girl in her age group (U10s) and first local girl.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
Fraser Felton-Smith also wearing the mighty green was first Tipton boy and also finished first in his age group (U12s).
Oscar Burston was second in the U10s, followed by Seth Lancaster who was fifth in the same age group.
Also completing the race for Sidmouth was Georgia Felton-Smith, Jake Burston and William Hall.
Congratulations to all, you did yourselves and SRC, proud!