Emerson wins latest Charles Stanley Stableford at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Simon Emerson was the winner of the latest Charles Stanley Monday Stableford at Sidmouth, writes Chris Roberts.
With 70 players trying to take top spot Emerson secured victory with 41 points and that certainly seemed to be a popular winning score at the club last weekend.
Second and third were sorted out via countback with Lewis ‘little pro’ White and Jerry Russell both carding 40 points and it was White who edged it with his round including five birdies including a brace of twos.
Jonathan Lee got a two on the par four second to aid his Eclectic score.
Duncan Taylor still heads the league table, but only by a single shot from Martyn White.
You may also want to watch:
John Jones leads the birdie table by two from Neil Holland.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients