Emery lands Walking Stick success at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth seniors’ captain’s annual competition is played for the Walking Stick trophy, writes Doug Goodall.
The 2013 competition was held o a gloriously sunny Friday.
The trophy was presented by the captain, Barry Jones in 2003 and has now found a favoured place in the Sidmouth seniors’ calendar.
This year Peter Emery, John Hicks and Barry Jones all ended with 37 stableford points.
Countback was called into play and that meant victory for Emery which means no single player has won the trophy more than once!
You may also want to watch:
As usual past seniors captains no longer playing and many wives joined the competitors for a most convivial lunch during which the current captain assured all present that traditional standards (not least absent-mindedness) were being well maintained in the section!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98