Emily King bids for junior Euro squad place
While the country fetes Mary King for securing a Team GB silver medal at the Olympics, King junior, Emily, is bidding to make it to the Team GB Junior team for the European championships.
As the Herald went to press she was competing in the final Open Intermediate U21 selection trial at Aston Le Walls in Northamptonshire on her horse Mr HiHo.
King, 16, has already competed at Advanced level on Mr HiHo, a horse she brought on as a youngster herself. In that advanced U25s class, at Aston Le Walls in July, King came third, - her and the horse’s first attempt at that level of height and difficulty - with a final score of 46.30.
She was also competing at Aston on Apache Sauce in the Open Intermediate.
Mary said: “As long as she has a sound performance, she should be ok for the squad as the combination have been very consistent this season.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair made it to the junior team for the Europeans last year.
Emily has already experienced the ups and downs of eventing, having previously broken her pelvis in a fall.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open