Emily King gets GB call up for Junior European Eventing Championships
Sidmouth teenager Emily King has been selected for the 2014 Racesafe Junior squad to represent Great Britain at this summer’s Junior European Eventing Championships, to be held at Bishop Burton College, Yorkshire, from August 14 to 17.
The 18-year-old is now well on course to eventually become as much a household, name as he famous mother, Mary King, for this is already her fourth Junior Championship appearance.
Emily is in the enviable position of having two horses listed for the squad; Parone Cjaval’s 12-year-old Brookleigh on whom she rode into the runners-up place at last autumn’s Young Rider CCI2* competition, and Gabriella Atkinson’s mare, Walitze F Vejgard, who placed third at the Young Rider CCI2* at Tattersalls in May.
Emily King said: “I’m very lucky that both have gone so well.
“Having performed at a higher level than at the Europeans I’m hoping that there will be less pressure on both me and whichever horse is selected than there was when I first made the Junior squad as a 15-year-old. I certainly don’t think I’ll be as nervous, knowing how it all works.”
You may also want to watch:
That first year Emily finished seventh individually, topping that with an individual silver medal in 2012.
She said: “We still have a couple of training sessions to go – and it’s just as exciting this year. We are all good mates within the squad, and are really looking forward to getting to Bishop Burton and trying to win medals.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients