Emily Morey crowned East Devon 2020 ladies champion
- Credit: Archant
Emily Morey was crowned Ladies Champion for 2020 at East Devon Golf Club last week, writes Helen Chivers.
The Championship is played over two rounds of stroke play in one day and even the frequent heavy rain showers couldn’t dampen the spirits of the 24 competitors.
Morey beat the conditions and her fellow competitors to record a gross 162 and win the Thelma Philp Trophy in the Scratch competition.
Romy Bevin took the honours and the Hilary Rolls Trophy in the Handicap competition with a one over par nett 149.
Champion Emily scored 80 in the morning and 82 in the afternoon to finish nine shots clear of her nearest challenger, Romy Bevin who was second with a combined gross score of 171 (84 in the morning and 87 in the afternoon). Helen Chivers was third with a combined 176 and Sophie Page fourth also on 176.
You may also want to watch:
The top positions were reversed in the handicap competition with Romy winning the trophy by five shots from Emily (nett 154). Rosemary Pratt and Barbara Middleditch both scored nett 156’s with Rosemary’s better afternoon round seeing her take third place.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors