Emily to ride for GB
- Credit: Archant
Rising eventing star Emily King says she is honoured to have been picked to represent Great Britain on the European stage.
The 19-year-old daughter of Olympic silver medallist Mary King will join the team for the European Young Rider Championships in August - in just her first year of being eligible.
Emily, who is based near Sidmouth, said her selection tops off a successful few months, which included a third place at Chatsworth International Horse Trials, where she took home the best under-25 prize against some of the world’s top riders.
She said: “I’m over the moon.
“I’m honoured to be picked to represent Great Britain.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s my first year of competing at young rider level [for 19 to 21-year olds] so it’s really exciting to be selected in my first year.
“We literally had our final trial last week and then the team was announced.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
“I have been selected on Loxley. He has been very consistent with results – we will hopefully go out there with a good chance.”
Emily will travel to Strzegom, Poland, to compete and says her family will be there to support her.