Emmett nets as Warriors Under-10s draw with Moors in six-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s came up against two very strong teams when they faced Tiverton Town and Moors Youth.
The opening game was against Tiverton Town and it produced an entertaining encounter that saw both defences stay on top throughout and the game ended as it started, with no goals at either end!
The second game served up some high quality play from two well-matched sides.
It was Warriors who struck first with Thomas Mead firing home and the lead was doubled following a collision between Moors keeper and defender that ended with the all in the back of the net!
The Tiverton-based side hit back powerfully, scored two goals
You may also want to watch:
themselves and half time arrived with the score locked at 2-2.
Warriors began the second half well, but it was Moors who scored net to lead 3-2.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
Warriors were undaunted, went back onto front foot and deservedly regained the lead with Harry Emmett the scorer.
Warriors squad: Harry Emmett, Thomas Mead, Jack Howe, Toby Neumegan, Calvin Clifford, Josh Miller, Josh Hague, Richie Drewett and Ben Harrison.