Emmett nets as Warriors Under-10s draw with Moors in six-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-10s came up against two very strong teams when they faced Tiverton Town and Moors Youth.
The opening game was against Tiverton Town and it produced an entertaining encounter that saw both defences stay on top throughout and the game ended as it started, with no goals at either end!
The second game served up some high quality play from two well-matched sides.
It was Warriors who struck first with Thomas Mead firing home and the lead was doubled following a collision between Moors keeper and defender that ended with the all in the back of the net!
The Tiverton-based side hit back powerfully, scored two goals
You may also want to watch:
themselves and half time arrived with the score locked at 2-2.
Warriors began the second half well, but it was Moors who scored net to lead 3-2.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
Warriors were undaunted, went back onto front foot and deservedly regained the lead with Harry Emmett the scorer.
Warriors squad: Harry Emmett, Thomas Mead, Jack Howe, Toby Neumegan, Calvin Clifford, Josh Miller, Josh Hague, Richie Drewett and Ben Harrison.