Emmott wins the Charles Stanley stableford at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Charles Stanley stableford was played earlier this week on Monday, writes George Carr.
John Emmott, playing off 11 looked an unlikely winner as he recorded rueful blobs (no score) on the first three holes of this popular competition.
However, he went on to complete the remaining fifteen holes in level par (three birdies - three bogies) to register his winning 41 points and top a field of seventy fellow golfers - well done, indeed!
Michael Knight, playing off eight, with 40 points in second stood at level par on the ninth tee where, sadly, he blotted his copybook with a rueful blob.
Michael’s birdy on the 18th, however, secured him second place on count back from vice-captain Dave Pepperell whose usual steady golf produced 40 points for third spot.
You may also want to watch:
Messrs’ Sheppard and Bunting were both pressing hard on 39 points.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients