Exmouth U15s 17, Sidmouth Rfc U15s 25
A tough match against Exmouth was enjoyed by spectators at the Exmouth ground that saw Sidmouth work hard for a win.
Aaron Bagwell opened the scoring and a magnificent kick by Tom Counsell only failed due to the post getting in the way!
Exmouth fought back with a try that they converted to put Sidmouth behind. Sidmouth had a try disallowed due to a double movement which fired them up and Guillemo Bazarra ran in a good try which Tom Counsell capped with a further two points by converting it. In the dying minutes of the first half a ball from the scrum came back to Tom Counsell who scored a superb drop goal from 40 yards out.
The second half saw neither side able to score but, finally, Dave Chan pushed to the line closely followed by Jack Searle who was able to finish the run off with a try near the corner. Aaron Bagwell’s conversion attempt was only thwarted by the cross bar, an effort worthy of premier league kickers.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later Exmouth ran in a good try that they were unable to convert. Sidmouth nearly scored but Exmouth immediately retaliated and ran in another try which they again failed to convert.
A winning scrum to Sidmouth gave Lucan Horsnell his opportunity at No 8 and he scooped up the ball and made some good ground before passing to Finlay Stone who passed to Tom Counsell to run in for another try.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
A good game with some entertaining rugby played.