Sidmouth Town v Axminster Town: Match Preview
- Credit: Archant
Ahead of Sidmouth Town hosting Axminster Town on Wednesday night, here’s a preview of everything you need to know going into the game.
League action returns to Manstone Lane tonight as Sidmouth Town host Axminster Town in then South West Peninsula League Premier Division.
It will be a return to Sidmouth for Axminster's Josh Stunell who previously managed the Vikings before leaving in the summer of 2018.
The Tigers are without Connor Swingler who has a broken wrist, apart from that the squad is fully fit.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth began life in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division East with a rocky start as they lost their opening game against Torpoint Atheltic 7-3.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
The result means they are 17th in the table with Crediton United, Plymouth Marjons and Torridgeside below them.
Axminster is one of two teams not to have played a league fixture yet this season alongside Elburton Villa.
In pre-season, their form was good as they won three, drew one and lost two. A 6-1 away at Beer Albion was a particular highlight.
Axminster was triumphant in both meetings between the pair in last season's now defunct Division One East league.
The first game came early in the season at Axminster with the hosts taking all three points with a 1-0 win.
The reverse fixture was in April and while Sidmouth did manage to find the back of the net, they lost the game 3-1.
The game kicks-off at 7.30pm on Wednesday, August 14. Follow @eastdevonsport for live updates and check www.sidmouthherald.co.uk for a full match report.