Excellent week for Sidmouth ladies
Another excellent week was had by the ladies. Congratulations are due to Pat Pritchard and Jill Bishop for winning the first round of the county pairs.
There was also a good result in the Budleigh League by M Watson, P Wrench and E Stribling against a Budleigh team 25-10.
A further maximum 10 points were earned in the Foxlands League against Axminster, due to the usual team members, but special thanks to three reserves D V Taylor, B Sparkes and E Stribling. Well done everyone!
All the friendlies this week were at home with Madeira, Exonia and Feniton. Madeira was the third men’s match of the season resulting in a narrow loss by eight shots, 53-61. Madeira have now won two to Sidmouth’s one win at home, earlier in the season.
The best rink was Mike Fisher, Dave Lever, Bob Daniels and skip Bob Seldon 21-16.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Sidmouth entertain a mixed team from Exonia who proved very strong, winning 55-72.
Dreda Taylor skipped a very good team of Betty Farmer, Dave Lever and Ron Denning, winning by 27-13. Well done!
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
All three rinks were winners against Feniton giving an aggregate score of 92-68.
Best rink for Sidmouth was Pat Hague, Tony Constable, Sylvia Cook and skip Ron Cook 27-15. Well done to all!