Exeter and District Youth League - end of season review
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Another Exeter and District Youth League season has come to an end and so how did local teams fare over the course of the eight month campaign?
In the Under-16 Division One Sidmouth Town finished as runners-up to champions Cullompton Rangers, the Mid Devon side ending the campaign with 41 points to the Vikings’ 36.
In the same section Ottery St Mary finished second bottom with seven points, two more than bottom side Pinhoe Gladiators.
In the Under-15 Division One table Sidmouth finished ninth, just outside the bottom three and so live to fight another day in the top flight.
In Under-15 Division Two West Hill Wasps were the runners-up and so will play in the top division next season.
You may also want to watch:
In Under-14 Division One Sidmouth finished fourth.
West Hill Wasps finished fifth in Under-13 Division One and
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
In Under-11 Division Three West Hill Wasps finished third.
Ottery St Mary have to be the most unfortunate of local junior teams in terms of their Under-13 team who finished joint top of Division Two only to be pipped for the top honour on goal difference!
Sidmouth Raiders were fourth in Under-13 Division Three.
In Under-12 Division One Sidmouth Warriors finished eighth whilst in the same age group, but in Division Two, Sidmouth Raiders were sixth whilst West Hill Wasps finished second from bottom.
Ottery St Mary finished ninth in Under-12 Division Three. In Under-11 Division One Sidmouth Warriors finished ninth. In Under-11 Division Two Ottery St Mary finished fourth whilst Sidmouth Raiders finished second bottom.
In Under-11 Division Three West Hill Wasps finished third, just seven points behind champions Heavitree Youth.