Expect a goal fest at Back Lane
A convincing away win at Dunkeswell Rovers got Riki Pitter s team off to the best possible start to the season, writes Ken Woodsford.
A convincing away win at Dunkeswell Rovers got Riki Pitter's team off to the best possible start to the season, writes Ken Woodsford.
Raleigh dominated the first half, but were guilty of wasteful finishing until the 37th minute when new signing Jake Boyland calmly fired home to make it 1-0 to Colaton Raleigh.
Olly Paget scored several minutes later to take Raleigh into a 2-0 interval lead. The second half followed the same pattern, with Mark Geary and Olly Paget, again, making it 4-0, before Dunkeswell pulled a goal back.
Adrian Parr, with an excellent finish, extended the score to 5-1, with Dunkeswell scoring a second consolation goal just before the whistle to make the final score 5-2 in favour of Colaton Raleigh.
You may also want to watch:
The Man of the Match accolade was awarded to midfielder Jake Boyland, with centre half Dan Hayden also outstanding.
This Saturday, in their first home game of the season, attack minded Colaton Raleigh are at home to Hemyock who thrashed Westexe Rovers 5-0 last weekend. The referee has been advised to bring a sharp pencil and a large note pad!
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Kickoff is at 3pm at Back Lane, Newton Poppleford.