FA rejects request to extend league season
- Credit: Archant
The league season will end on April 25 after the FA rejected requests to extend it past that date.
The Toolstation Western League, where Exmouth Town play, asked for an extension but tweeted today (March 5) that the request would not be granted and that the FA expect the league to end on the original date.
The South West Peninsula League, where Sidmouth Town, Honiton Town and Axminster Town play, also said they had a request rejected.
This means that after this weekend, there are seven Saturdays left between now and the end of the season.
In the SWP League Premier East, Bovey Tracey have only managed 19 games this campaign meaning they need to fit in another 19 in the 51 days between now and the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday seems them start a run of nine games in 24 days.
As it stands, Exmouth have 16 league games left, Sidmouth have 15, Axminster have 14 and Honiton have 16.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council