FA rejects request to extend league season
- Credit: Archant
The league season will end on April 25 after the FA rejected requests to extend it past that date.
The Toolstation Western League, where Exmouth Town play, asked for an extension but tweeted today (March 5) that the request would not be granted and that the FA expect the league to end on the original date.
The South West Peninsula League, where Sidmouth Town, Honiton Town and Axminster Town play, also said they had a request rejected.
This means that after this weekend, there are seven Saturdays left between now and the end of the season.
In the SWP League Premier East, Bovey Tracey have only managed 19 games this campaign meaning they need to fit in another 19 in the 51 days between now and the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday seems them start a run of nine games in 24 days.
As it stands, Exmouth have 16 league games left, Sidmouth have 15, Axminster have 14 and Honiton have 16.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out