Fantastic start was no walkover
Sidmouth Town FC U16s 12 Bradninch 0 (League)
What a fantastic start to the new season for the boys! This was no walk-over; - all the goals were earned through good teamwork and some excellent set-pieces, writes Richard Seldon.
The Sidmouth midfield engine room soon imposed themselves, with the intelligent play of Will Jenkins and Joe Blackmore combined with the drive and energy of Doug Still, setting up waves of fine attacking moves. Jenks soon got the boys off the mark, followed by a good finish by Sam Gosling, who looked dangerous down the right flank. Will Sanders then leapt high to nod home from another well-taken corner from Blackmore.
The highlights of the half were first-ever goals from defensive stalwarts Dan Hulin, and Dan Corrick, the latter with a back-heeled flick that was a combination of Zola and Ronaldo!!
The second half saw the boys really move up a gear, with the Bradninch ‘keeper busier than ever!
You may also want to watch:
The introduction of subs Price, Seldon and Thomas kept the quality play going, and further goals flowed, with singles for Conor Ellis, and Gosling with his 2nd, whilst Hulin doubled his career record with his 2nd of the game after causing havoc from another quality corner from Seldon, who then shook the frame of the goal with a trademark pile-driver from 25 yards.
Thomas showed real determination up-front, rewarded with 2 goals, and captain Still smashed home 2 of his own from outside the box to complete the scoring. The clean-sheet was a bonus for the team, though they will need to maintain this level of determination and teamwork on Saturday when they visit Pinhoe.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future