Faulkner lands Scratch Cup and is crowned Sidmouth Golf Club champion
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played for their Scratch and Handicap Cups, a 36-hole competition contested across two days, writes Maria Clapp.
The winner of the Scratch Cup and now the new Sidmouth club champion is Sheila Faulkner with Anne Blackler as the runner-up.
Sheila scored a net 73 on day one and then an amazing net 68 on day two!
Sheila also won the Handicap Cup on countback from Margaret Thompson, both scoring 141 over the two days.
Margaret had a net 70 on day one and 71 on day two.
You may also want to watch:
Medals were also played in conjunction with these competitions.
Coral Roberts was the medal winner of day one with a net 68, Margaret Thompson was runner up with a net 70 on countback from Liz Chance who also had a net 71. The medal on day two was won by Sheila Faulkner with Anne Blacker, net 69, second and, in third place was Andrea Milton with a net 71.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
The ladies also played their County Prize series earlier this week.
This is a par competition and it was won by Penny Ashby who had a plus two which meant she had her handicap reduced by one shot. Well done, Penny!
In second place was Liz Chance who was all square as was Yvonne Anning, Sheila Faulkner and Andrea Milton.
Gill Paddon was the only lady to score a two.