Faulkner nets success in penultimate round of Rose Bowl and Basket competition
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday the Sidmouth ladies played the penultimate round of the Rose Bowl and Basket competition, writes Angela Coles.
The weather was on our side again, the sun shone and there was no wind and even the birds were singing!
We couldn’t believe how lucky we were as it is, after all, the beginning of January!
The course was playing well and some good scores were achieved.
The winner of the Rose Bowl round with a great score of 41 points was Sheila Faulkner, whose score included 11 pars and a birdie on the eighth hole!
You may also want to watch:
Sheila plays off a handicap of 10, so some great golf was played. Well done, Sheila! The runner-up was Mo Kendall with 36 points.
The winner of the Rose Basket round was Marie Timms who also had a good score of 39 points and the runner up was Marian Thomas who scored 38 points.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
The overall club competition was won by Sheila Faulkner in second place was Marie Timms and in third place was Marian Thomas.
There were two twos recorded by Sheila Skittrall on the fourth hole and Linda Reynolds on the 11th hole.