Faulkner wins medal and Division One at latest Sidmouth ladies meeting
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Ladies played in the Express and Echo Foursomes Competition, writes Maria Clapp.
This is an onward competition with the finals being played at Exeter Golf & Country Club in September.
The winners on the day with 34 points were Angela Coles and Gill Paddon.
The runners-up, with 27 points, were Yvonne Anning and Sheila Tallon. Both pairings will go forward to represent Sidmouth Golf Club at Exeter. Good luck ladies!
On Wednesday the Ladies played for the Morrit Medal, played in conjuction with EGU and County Medal.
You may also want to watch:
The winner with a net 67 and having a handicap reduction was Sheila Faulkner.
Therefore Sheila was the winner of the medal and also Division One. Well done, Sheila.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Coral Roberts was the runner up with net 68, also winning Division Two and she had a handicap reduction. Penny Ashby came in third with net 71 and she also won Division Three.
Marie Timms was the only player to achieve a two.
The putting prize went to Marian Thomas. This is for the least amount of puts over the round. Once again we were lucky with the weather. The clouds came in later in the day!