Finch stars as Warriors Under-9s share spoils with CS Cobras
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s shared two goals with CS Cobras in an Exeter and District Youth League meeting.
The Mid Devon side began well and enjoyed lots of possession.
However, Warriors’ defenders, in particular, Jamie White and Will Lawrence, were in top form and able to deal with the best they had to offer. When the defensive line was breached, Warriors glovesman Oscar Finch made a save at full stretch to keep it 0-0.
The best chance of the first half for Warriors fell to Lucas O’Connor who was played in by Ethan Isaac, but denied by a terrific save from the CS goalkeeper.
Finch made another outstanding save at the start of the second half before, at the other end of the pitch, Lucas Vicary saw his powerful shot cannon back off the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
The deadlock was finally broken when an Isaac corner fell to Dylan Robbins and he cleverly slipped the ball to O’Connor to thump the ball home.
With time running out, a foul on the inspirational Alistair Mounoury was missed by the match official and the resultant breakaway led to a clinical finish by the CS player.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
In what was a fantastic game of football all round, Warriors’ glovesman Oscar Finch was named Man of the Match.