First F3 podium finish
Harry Tincknell produced a stunning drive to seal his first podium in the Cooper Tires British F3 International Series at Oulton Park, launching him into the top ten of the championship standings.
The talented teenager’s podium finish came in only his second F3 race weekend, with Tincknell finishing in the top three of a 21 driver field, many of whom already have a year’s experience of the hotly-contested series, regarded as the most competitive on the ladder to Formula One.
A fastest lap time of 1:28.417 put Tincknell seventh on the grid for the first of three races at the Cheshire circuit, where he then secured his first points haul of the season, climbing one place to finish sixth by the chequered flag.
Tincknell was third on the grid for an eventful round five, in which the Exeter driver acted quickly to dodge stalled pole-sitter Kevin Magnussen at the start, keeping hold of his position in the process. A determined drive meant Tincknell maintained third for the duration of the 13-lap race, and secured his maiden F3 podium. In round six Tincknell again added to his points tally: the Fortec Motorsports driver started and finished in seventh place to put him ninth in the championship standings with 18 points.
“I’m really happy to get on the podium in only my second F3 meeting,” said Tincknell. “All the long hours that the guys at Fortec Motorsports put in over the winter were worth it, and there’s still so much more to come from this car.”
You may also want to watch:
Tincknell will next race at Snetterton, Norfolk, on May 14-15, where he won round 12 of the Formula Renault UK Championship last season.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb