Fish-a-thon weekend is here for the Beer Sea Angling Association
- Credit: Archant
The Beer and District Sea Fishing Association fished their second summer series match last Thursday night.
With plenty of colour in the water hopes of catching anything were low, but it turned out to be a good night’s fishing!
The smooth hounds were on the feed, snapping up hermit and peeler crab baits.
The best hound of the night went to Paul Driver which tipped the scale at 5lb 3oz.
The best fish prize went to Ross Lambert with a small eyed ray of 6lb10oz; he also had a dogfish of 2lb1oz.
You may also want to watch:
Winner on the night was Andrew Franklin with a score of 223.13 points, in second place was Chris Sweetland with 206.25, and Ross Lambert took third spot with 205.31.
The latest table after two matches shows; Luke Bartlett in first with 414.82 points followed by Andy Franklin with 410.63 and third is Chris Sweetland with 390.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Last Sunday Dave Graham fished in the civil service match on the Bristol channel and managed to break a club record when he caught a starry smooth hound weighing in at 16lb8oz.
This coming weekend (June 21-23) sees the club’s Fish-a-thon taking place on Seaton beach.