Fishermen suffer disappointment at Witheridge
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of Black Saturday for Beer Albion Football Club as both their sides suffered defeats in their Macron Devon and Exeter League games, writes Richard Honnor.
In the Premier Division, Beer first team travelled to Witheridge with a strong squad, but suffered their fourth league defeat of this campaign, beaten 5-2.
The Fishermen went a goal behind after 10 minutes, but equalised shortly afterwards when Chris Long capitalised on an under-hit back-pass.
Beer then conceded a second goal just before half-time when they were caught square defensively. The Fishermen were always chasing the game and were caught on the break twice to go 4-1 behind in the second half.
Beer midfielder Simon Smith reduced the arrears towards the end, but Withy restored their three-goal cushion directly from the restart to run out comfortable 5-2 winners.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (December 2), Beer host high-flying Newtown with the match sponsor being Bay View Guest House. The kick-off at Furzebrake is 2.15pm
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Peninsula League season could be over
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling