Fishermen suffer disappointment at Witheridge
- Credit: Archant
It was a case of Black Saturday for Beer Albion Football Club as both their sides suffered defeats in their Macron Devon and Exeter League games, writes Richard Honnor.
In the Premier Division, Beer first team travelled to Witheridge with a strong squad, but suffered their fourth league defeat of this campaign, beaten 5-2.
The Fishermen went a goal behind after 10 minutes, but equalised shortly afterwards when Chris Long capitalised on an under-hit back-pass.
Beer then conceded a second goal just before half-time when they were caught square defensively. The Fishermen were always chasing the game and were caught on the break twice to go 4-1 behind in the second half.
Beer midfielder Simon Smith reduced the arrears towards the end, but Withy restored their three-goal cushion directly from the restart to run out comfortable 5-2 winners.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday (December 2), Beer host high-flying Newtown with the match sponsor being Bay View Guest House. The kick-off at Furzebrake is 2.15pm
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success