Fishermen washed out when a goal up against Honiton Town
- Credit: Archant
Beer Albion’s Fresha League Premier Division match with Honiton at the Furzebrake on Saturday was abandoned midway through the first half, writes Richard Honnor.
The conditions were deemed playable at kick-off, but the wet windy weather closed in rapidly soon after and the referee brought proceedings to a halt on 23 minutes.
At the time of the abandonment, Beer were leading 1-0 thanks to a 17th minute James Melville goal.
The match will now be replayed on a date to be decided.
Next up for the Fishermen is this Saturday’s Fresha League top flight home meeting with Bow AAC when the sponsor will be Jimmy Green Sail Surf and Snow of Fore Street, Beer.
You may also want to watch:
Also on Saturday (January 16), Beer Reserves will hope to return to action when they travel to Ottery St Mary for a Division Five fixture.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help