Sidmouth and Ottery HC Men’s B 5,
North Devon A 1
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club men’s B made their first league appearance and hoped to carry last week’s success into this game and get the full three points, writes Will Gardner.
The first goal came from a well-worked short corner, Mark Mingo hitting the ball cleanly into the bottom corner. With a solid Sidmouth defence in place, North Devon looked vulnerable to counter attack. It was no surprise when Charles Plowden scored 10 minutes later. However, with this success came an injury to George Powell ending his game.
The second half started with North Devon attacking more but leaving their defence exposed. SOHC made this pay with three goals from Will Gardner, Sam Cole and Alfie Keen. All this meant that some North Devon players put in rash tackles forcing two sin binnings. North Devon’s goal came after taking a deflection off a SOHC stick. This left the final score at 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
A good team performance was seen again by SOHC the team now looks ahead to Torbay away.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday