Football back in business on Jan 3
SEATON Town launch the New Year with a chance to begin 2011 by making a real statement of intent.
Town, who end the old year as the Devon and Exeter League Premier Division leaders have a Monday, January 3, game at the home of the reigning champions, St Martin’s.
The first Monday of the New Year carries a full programme of matches (2.15pm) – weather permitting, of course!
Sidmouth Town host Topsham Town and will be looking to keep the Manstone Lane faithful happy with a victory. Sidmouth have only played nine games so far – teams above them in the Premier table have played up to four matches more. But it will be a massive clash when Sidmouth play Seaton later in the season- who have nine points more and have only played on more game.
There’s a local derby at Beer Albion where Budleigh Salterton Reserves are the visitors and Mark Ward’s Fishermen, who have done so well in their season back in the top flight, will be keen to get their 2011 fixtures off to a winning start.
You may also want to watch:
Colaton Raleigh captain, Neil Blake, 33, has issued a New Year rally call to his team mates to prove just what a good team they are.
Centre half Blake said: "If we can get the basics right, become more resilient away from home, we have a great chance to aim for a top three spot." Colaton Raleigh host Kentisbeare, at Back Lane, Newton Poppleford. KO 2.15pm.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98