Footy boys raise cash for tournament travel
Speedy sponsored run
THEY DID IT! The Sidmouth Town FC Junior Vikings U9s Warriors and Raiders completed sponsored run from the Western end of the Esplanade to the football club at Manstone, via The Ham and The Byes.
Despite it being the hottest day of the year so far, the youngsters were up at Manstone by 3pm - 15 minutes earlier than they had been expected.
Spokesman Rob Fowler said: “The footballers raised around �1,000, which is amazing. The money will be used towards attending tournaments next season.
“Sam Pyne was the top sponsorship earner. There were a few who couldn’t do it on Saturday and they were due to run the distance on Wednesday night.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really grateful to Harrison, Lavers and Potburys and Everys for their sponsorship and Richard Emmett of Emm Lec, who chipped in with �50, as well as all who helped on the day.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair