Four Ws team qualifies in challenge
Many congratulations must go to Anne Willoughby, former lady captain at Sidmouth Golf Club, her husband Malcolm, and Lester and Gregg Wilmington who were runners up in the Devon Golf Mark Challenge which was held at Dainton Park Golf Club, writes Gill Paddon.
There were 15 teams taking part from all over the county and each team had to include a lady, gentleman, senior and a junior player.
The Sidmouth team scored a fantastic 82 points with only two scores to count, and they now go forward to the next round which will be played at Bristol Golf Club on July 29.
On Wednesday, amazingly enough, rain did not stop the play of the Medal competition.
Sheila Thomson was the overall winner with a score of 73. Sheila’s putter proved to be red hot as she won the putting competition with only 29 putts.
You may also want to watch:
Congratulations to Pat Bosshardt who has recently come back from injury, she scored 80 and was the winner of division 2, and Anne Blackler won division 3 with a score of 84.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future