Fowler’s best yet with the bat guides Sidmouth 3rds to victory
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 3rds were two wicket winners of their Tolchards Devon League F Division East game at Clyst St George where victory was achieved thanks, in the main, to a wonderful unbeaten 49 from teenage all-rounder Jordan Fowler.
The Bohea Field side won the toss and opted to bat first and were bowled out for 135 in 36.4 overs.
The bulk of the wickets were taken by the spinners, fourth change bowler Tom Chapman, who returned figures of 4-35 from 6.4 overs, while third change Jordan Fowler claimed 4-23 from eight overs.
Opening seamer Lee Clayden had 2-25 from eight overs and the other wicket fell to Wesley Holmes (1-6 from four).
The reply lost wickets along the way, but victory was sealed thanks to a terrific eight wicket partnership between Jordon Fowler and Thomas Burhop.
You may also want to watch:
At 90-8, the odds favoured the home side, but a wonderful knock from young Fowler, who chalked up his highest score in Devon League cricket to date – 49 – and a superb supporting act of 13 from Burhop, saw the thirds to a second successive win and 39 points out of a maximum 40 banked for the campaign to date.
Matchday three for the third XI sees them entertain a Braunton side that has lost their first two games and sit second bottom in the early season table.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
For Sidmouth, with two wins from two games and 39 points banked from a possible 40, it’s a case of looking down at all the rest in the section.