Free flowing rugby clash
Exmouth U8s 8, Sidmouth U8s 6
Sidmouth U8s travelled away to Exmouth for their second match fixture of the season. Sidmouth are strong in numbers and arrived at Exmouth with 14 players. As a result Sidmouth fielded two sides of seven as opposed to Exmouth who had nine players and played one side with rolling substitutes.
Sidmouth’s first match got off to a promising start with well-worked and accurate passing coupled alongside some brilliant support play from all players. With tries in the first half from Leo Cooper and a hat-trick from Will Bolton, Sidmouth went into the second half with a lead of one try with the score at 5-4.
The second half was a slightly different story with Exmouth running in four tries to take their tally to eight. Sidmouth tried hard to compete with good attacking and defensive play but could only score one consolation try in the second half, scored by Finn Cotton.
the final score 8 – 6.
You may also want to watch:
The second match also started very briskly with some fantastic support play from all the Sidmouth players leading to tries from Freddie Eul-Barker, Will Coterill and Sam Putman. Sidmouth remained dominant in the first half and the score was 1 -5 at half time. As the first match Exmouth came back strong in the second half and ran in another four excellent tries of their own and considering this was their second match kept up the pressure to the end. Sidmouth however did remain dominant and managed to run in another four tries with Dougal Hastie getting on to the score sheet. With honours halved at the close of play, credit should be given to Both Sidmouth and Exmouth for some free flowing attacking and well organised defensive rugby.
The under eights will host Okehampton at home for their next fixture on the 4th of November.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases