Freeman and Small net trebles in big Tipton win over Budleigh Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John put a youthful Budleigh Salterton Reserves to the sword, beating the Greenway Lane side 8-0 in a Macron League Division Three game.
Two Tipton players struck hat-tricks with Ash Small and Jody Freeman the players to do that.
Nick Pedlar scored the other two goals and the Tipton Man of the Match was treble scoring Freeman.
Tipton player-coach Dale Strawbridge said: “Despite the score line, it is important that we say a very big well done to the battling Budleigh side. They have some good youngsters in their ranks and played some neat attractive passing football.
“There’s no doubt in my mind, that, if they stick together and continue to progress then, in a couple of season’s they will be some team.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very clear that all they lack is experience and leadership at the moment. Even though we won by that margin they did out play us in some parts of the game and they just need to stick together though the thick and thin.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey