Frustration kicks in at Manstone Lane
- Credit: Archant
It has been another frustrating weekend for Sidmouth Town Football Club with the Reserves’ game away to Honiton called off on Friday evening.
Training has still taken place twice weekly with a visit to Colyton all-weather surface on a Tuesday night and with the club investing in portable lighting for training at Manstone on a Thursday evening.
Manager Paddy Thomas said: “It just highlights the ridiculous situation of the lack of floodlights at Sidmouth Sports Centre’s all-weather pitch. I can’t think of any other such facility being built without lighting. Surely this must be addressed in the near future.
“I know other sports clubs in the town travel elsewhere to train on various surfaces so, from a revenue perspective, I’m certain it would be well used.”
Sidmouth will hopefully be able to field a strong side Saturday, January 26, when they travel down to Totnes and Dartington.
You may also want to watch:
The main problem will be the lack of match practice over the last five weeks. Thomas added: “ It is always a little disconcerting as you never know how, individually and collectively, players will find their rhythm. We still have a lot of points to play for and will fight for 90 minutes in each game we play. One or two games apart, we have lost by the odd goal on numerous occasions, so we are not too far away from getting it right.”
Maybe you might like to use this Lee as the weather is causing problems for us all !
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences