Furniss wins Fields Cup at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Mandy Furniss was the winner of the Fields Cup, played for by the ladies of Sidmouth GC on Wednesday.
The cup was presented to the ladies’ section in 1997 and runs in conjunction with an EGU medal.
Furniss won Division Three, the medal and the cup with a great score net 67, therefore having her handicap reduced by a shot to 35.
It was Mandy’s first win in her golfing career. Second place went to Maria Clapp with another good score of net 68 also being the lowest gross score of the day.
Third place went to Marian Thomas with a net 71 on countback from lady captain Angela Coles, who also had a net 71.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of Division One was Maria Clapp and Division Two Marian Thomas.
Two ladies achieved a two and they were Clapp and Coles, who will share the pot.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
Marie Timms and Penny Lyne played in the first round of the DCVLGA knockout against Bigbury at Torquay. They were victorious 5 and 4.
Congratulations to Clapp and Anne Blackler, who played their first round of the Doris Willes-Little competition and battled on in bad weather conditions to win on the 19th hole.
The next rounds for both these competitions are to be announced.