Furniss wins Fields Cup at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Mandy Furniss was the winner of the Fields Cup, played for by the ladies of Sidmouth GC on Wednesday.
The cup was presented to the ladies’ section in 1997 and runs in conjunction with an EGU medal.
Furniss won Division Three, the medal and the cup with a great score net 67, therefore having her handicap reduced by a shot to 35.
It was Mandy’s first win in her golfing career. Second place went to Maria Clapp with another good score of net 68 also being the lowest gross score of the day.
Third place went to Marian Thomas with a net 71 on countback from lady captain Angela Coles, who also had a net 71.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of Division One was Maria Clapp and Division Two Marian Thomas.
Two ladies achieved a two and they were Clapp and Coles, who will share the pot.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
Marie Timms and Penny Lyne played in the first round of the DCVLGA knockout against Bigbury at Torquay. They were victorious 5 and 4.
Congratulations to Clapp and Anne Blackler, who played their first round of the Doris Willes-Little competition and battled on in bad weather conditions to win on the 19th hole.
The next rounds for both these competitions are to be announced.