Gammon stars as SOHC ladies’ 1st XI defeat Teign
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ 1st XI bounced back from their opening day league defeat when they were beaten 4-0 at Okehampton, by defeating Teign 2-1.
Still bedding a new formation in, SOHC were good value for the win.
They made a strong start with the back four of Rebecca Bond, Hannah Peters, Lizzie Nancekivell and Naomi Gammon dealing efficiently with the best that visiting Teign had to offer.
When the back line was breached, goalkeeper Millie Guy made some fine saves.
SOHC also started the second half well with a feature being some delightful inter-play involving Frankie Forsyth, Aimee Keast and Jasmine Scott, which ultimately led to Keast firing them ahead.
You may also want to watch:
The Teign response was good and, with what was clearly a well-practised short corner routine, were soon level.
SOHC were clearly determined to regain their advantage and, with Alice Please, Rachel Ward, Nicky Lockyer and Megan Thompson-Summers all looking to play on the front foot, it was no more than they deserved when Keast scored her second to seal a fine win for the team.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
The SOHC Player of the Match award went to Naomi Gammon, who put in a shift full of determined and diligent marking.