Garrick leads Sidmouth runners home at the Bicton Blister
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-seven members of Sidmouth Running Club took part in the 2015 Bicton Blister, writes Sarah Watkins.
The event was run in blustery conditions – thus making it a ‘blustery Bicton Blister!’
The event is a 10-mile, multi-terrain race on Woodbury Common. It starts, and finished, at Bicton College.
Both the start and finish sections are fast-paced road runs, with the rest of the race taking runners along sandy, stony and muddy paths.
There were two races on offer; the Bicton Blister and the Bicton Lite, the latter a 4.5mile race with the same start and finish, just less distance overall, but still mighty challenging!
You may also want to watch:
Toby Garrick was the first Sidmouth runner home, finishing in a time of 30:18. he was well ahead of the second Sidmouth runner across the line. That was Damian Doyle (36:25).
Other club runners to record times inside one hour were; Jayne Drew (39:59), Katie Marriott (46:48), Chris Doyle (47:31), Pauline Doyle (50:53), Brian Gosling (55:46), Lesley Miszenska (56:26), Sue Cunningham (56:37) and William Valentine (58:18).
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year