Garrick leads Sidmouth runners home at the Bicton Blister
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-seven members of Sidmouth Running Club took part in the 2015 Bicton Blister, writes Sarah Watkins.
The event was run in blustery conditions – thus making it a ‘blustery Bicton Blister!’
The event is a 10-mile, multi-terrain race on Woodbury Common. It starts, and finished, at Bicton College.
Both the start and finish sections are fast-paced road runs, with the rest of the race taking runners along sandy, stony and muddy paths.
There were two races on offer; the Bicton Blister and the Bicton Lite, the latter a 4.5mile race with the same start and finish, just less distance overall, but still mighty challenging!
You may also want to watch:
Toby Garrick was the first Sidmouth runner home, finishing in a time of 30:18. he was well ahead of the second Sidmouth runner across the line. That was Damian Doyle (36:25).
Other club runners to record times inside one hour were; Jayne Drew (39:59), Katie Marriott (46:48), Chris Doyle (47:31), Pauline Doyle (50:53), Brian Gosling (55:46), Lesley Miszenska (56:26), Sue Cunningham (56:37) and William Valentine (58:18).
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support