Gelling and Mead net hat-tricks in Warriors win
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Sidmouth Warriors Under-13s were 10-1 winners when they took on Copplestone United in an Exeter and District Youth League game.
Warriors were the dominant force throughout the contest and scored five goals in each half.
The scoring was launched by a Thomas Mead penalty, awarded after a Jack Howe corner had been handled by an unfortunate Copplestone defender.
The lead was doubled after some opportune play from George Gelling and his effort surprised the goalkeeper before nestling in the bottom of his net!
Harry Emmet was next to score before Gelling got his second to round off the first half scoring.
You may also want to watch:
After the break both Mead and Gelling completed hat-tricks and Tim Doulton added his name to the scorers list before a battling Copplestone struck a consolation goal.
A Warriors coach said: “The players worked very hard and played some good football.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
Warriors would like to say a huge thank you to Malden House Nursing Home for providing the sponsorship to allow Warriors to wear a smart new kit.