Gibson goal not quite enough as Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s edged out by CS Lions
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 1, CS Lions 2 Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s were edged out in a close encounter with the Mid Devon-based visitors, writes Simon James.
In a high-tempo start both sides looked to get on the front foot and dominate the other! This made for some exciting play with Ben Scrivens and Thomas West looking solid in the Raiders defence. A clear tactical plan from the home coaches was clearly working and, Ben Latham and Will Lorkin at the centre of some crisp passing the deadlock was almost broken when Scot Gibson’s brave attempt was thwarted by the visiting glovesman.
In one superb move Scrivens weaved his way past four opposition players before squaring to Jamie Wyant, but his shot, clearly beating the keepers dive, cannoned back off the frame of the goal!
It was somewhat against the run of play when the visitors took a lead they carried through to the break.
In the second half the Mid Devon side doubled their lead with a second goal. However, urged on by popular coach Craig Morgan, the Raiders found new energy and inventiveness and it was no surprise when Scot Gibson scored after a precise pass from Finlay Morgan.
You may also want to watch:
That set up Raiders to lay siege to the visitors’ goal in search of an equaliser, but despite great endeavour it was not forthcoming.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients