Gig to arrive in Sidmouth soon
Sidmouth Gig Club get some practice in
Sidmouth Gig Club has signed up five further corporate sponsors in the last two months, each paying at least �250.
Peter and Martyn Bagwell of Bagwells Ltd have recently joined the club.
The nautical brothers will be a great asset both in and out of the boat.
They are expected to make the launch crew of Alma, Sidmouth’s first gig, which will be delivered towards the end of the month. Alma is a fibreglass gig made by Falmouth’s Trevor Deakin.
You may also want to watch:
A further potential crew member is local carpenter and part-time sea fisherman, Adam Baker.
Adam’s business has contributed �250 for founder sponsor status and will have his name carved in Sidmouth’s first wooden gig which is intended to be ordered in the autumn.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Ford Simey solicitors are also now corporate sponsors, as are Ottery Insurance Services. Simon Gray, director of Ottery Insurance Services commented,
“We are delighted to be involved with Sidmouth Gig Club and I am looking forward to seeing the spectacle of gig racing off the Sidmouth Esplanade.”
Finally, the Bedford Hotel are the 14th company to sponsor the club. Colin Pyne, one of the proprietors of the Bedford, whilst handing over a cheque for �300 added,
“I am extremely excited about being involved with Sidmouth Gig Club and am regularly cycling to get fit for the super vets’ gig racing team!”
Sidmouth Gig Club are hoping to launch their fibreglass gig, Alma on Sunday August 15.