Girl power as Louise pips Steve to finishing line at Templar 10
- Credit: Archant
With so many races coming onto the calendar there are bound to be conflicts and so it proved, writes Terry Bewes.
While some Sidmouth Running Club members were at Castle Drogo, John Doherty and new members Louise and Steve Saunders donned the Mighty Green and headed off to Newton Abbot to run the Templar 10.
This race organised by the Teignbrige Trotters is a multi-terrain 10 mile course starting and finishing in the wonderful grounds of Stover School.
The course was changed last year to avoid long stretches of road and is now 90 per cent off road where runners have the pleasure of running through the picturesque Stover Country Park as well as the fields at Teingrace.
It was a cold, crisp sunny day and dry underfoot ideal conditions.
You may also want to watch:
The first club runner home was Louise in 1:30:39 wearing number 243 followed by husband Steve in 1:31:53 wearing 244.
She told me this was girl power, but I am led to believe by Steve that as always he was doing the gentlemanly thing by giving her the lower race number!
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
John Doherty showed that there is still life in the old dog as all the Fridays runs he has been doing lately resulted in him knocking eight minutes off of last years’ time to finish in 1:40:55
The winning time was 56:59 with 236 finishers another popular event.