Gliding club celebrate trios conversion to single-seater junior gliders
- Credit: Archant
Devon and Somerset Gliding Club are celebrating the fact that three of their younger members have all converted to the single-seater junior glider, writes Jill Harman.
It’s congratulations all round to Charlie Stuckey from Kentisbeare, Ellie Carter from Great Torrington and Dave Wojnar from Taunton.
The club’s pre-booked trial lesson flights are now in full swing as the pawnee towplane is back on line after its extended annual service.
It was a busy couple of days in the Easter holidays when groups from several local Air Cadet squadrons enjoyed their first glider flights.
Devon and Somerset Gliding Club are holding an Open Weekend on Saturday and Sunday, April 29 and 30.
You may also want to watch:
The club are hoping for good weather so that visitors can experience the thrill of silent flight, no booking required.
Find out more on all things Devon and Somerset Gliding Club at www.dsgc.co.uk
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections