Glorious for Fields Cup
What a difference a month makes! Sidmouth GC ladies headed out in glorious sunshine on Wednesday to compete for the Fields Cup - postponed a month ago due to a waterlogged course, writes Liz Chance.
This week, in perfect conditions, the course was lush and green and the rough extremely thick causing problems for many players who experienced major difficulties finding their balls.
The winner, by five points, was Angela Coles, with an excellent net 67. Angela also won division 2 and on accepting her cup said it was the first trophy she has won since becoming a member. In second was Penny Lyne with 72 points, also winning division 1 and Lady Captain’s prize. In third place was Liz Chance with 74 points. Janet Humberstone won division 3.
Diana Anderson beat Margaret Thompson on countback in the putting, both with 29.
Tom Conway and Claire Jenkins from Fields very kindly came to the club to present the Fields Cup and prizes and were thanked by Lady Captain Anne Blackler at the end of a successful day.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the week the Sheelah Creasey team travelled to Tavistock where they were beaten by a strong home team. Congratulations to Julie Lye and Marie Timms who have played their way into the second round of the Doris Willes Little competition and good luck to them for their next match.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown