Glorious for Fields Cup
What a difference a month makes! Sidmouth GC ladies headed out in glorious sunshine on Wednesday to compete for the Fields Cup - postponed a month ago due to a waterlogged course, writes Liz Chance.
This week, in perfect conditions, the course was lush and green and the rough extremely thick causing problems for many players who experienced major difficulties finding their balls.
The winner, by five points, was Angela Coles, with an excellent net 67. Angela also won division 2 and on accepting her cup said it was the first trophy she has won since becoming a member. In second was Penny Lyne with 72 points, also winning division 1 and Lady Captain’s prize. In third place was Liz Chance with 74 points. Janet Humberstone won division 3.
Diana Anderson beat Margaret Thompson on countback in the putting, both with 29.
Tom Conway and Claire Jenkins from Fields very kindly came to the club to present the Fields Cup and prizes and were thanked by Lady Captain Anne Blackler at the end of a successful day.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the week the Sheelah Creasey team travelled to Tavistock where they were beaten by a strong home team. Congratulations to Julie Lye and Marie Timms who have played their way into the second round of the Doris Willes Little competition and good luck to them for their next match.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution