Goalkeepr Whitelock stars as Sidmouth Raiders net point
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-15s shared four goals with Seaton Town in an entertaining Exeter and District Youth League meeting.
A feature of the Raiders performance were a pair of headers during what was an even contest played at a windswept Sidford.
Raiders began the brighter of the teams and their early endeavours were rewarded with a clever headed goal from midfield dynamo Cory Rogers.
However, almost immediately, parity was restored by the visiting side! For the next 20 minutes both teams tested out the other’s defence, but both stood firm and half-time arrived with the game all square.
After the break, both teams increased the tempo of their games and the deadlock was broken with a terrific move from Raiders.
You may also want to watch:
The move began with Yan Mercan using his trademark strength and determination to burst through the Seaton defence and, when the ball was deftly floated up towards talented winger Ryan Kubaczka, he made no mistake with a close-range header.
The Raiders’ cause was then dealt a blow when defender Ethan Gribble was unfortunate to sustain a nasty injury which ended his game prematurely.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability
Seaton levelled for the second time with a stunning finish that gave Raiders glovesman Freddie Whitelock no chance of keeping out.
The Raiders’ Man of the Match award went to goalkeeper Whiteloc, who appears to be growing in stature in every game he plays. Zac Lascelles also impressed again in the heart of the Raiders’ defence.