Golding and Elsworth score tries as Sidmouth Under-14s edged out by Exeter Chiefs
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-14s pushed Exeter Chiefs all the way before being beaten 20-12.
What made the performance all the more impressive was that Sidmouth went into the contest without the services of six regulars – all away on a school field trip!
Three of the absentees were part of the all-important front row and up stepped Jack Jenkins, Max Dix and Oli Jones to perform admirably against well-drilled opposition.
The half back pairing of Cole Monaghan and Archie Rowe were another new combination and they worked hard to set the team’s three’s motion.
Exeter Chiefs scored two first half tries while, for Sidmouth, Josh Golding and Owen Tidball went close with click counter-attacks.
You may also want to watch:
Trailing 10-0 at the break, Sidmouth used all their replacements in the second half.
Mattie Laurenti set the tone for a comeback with several sweet plays – catching at full tilt and driving forward hard!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
Jo Elsworth got on the end of one excellent move and he also converted before Exeter punished a fumble to score a third try.
The quicksilver Golding romped home for a second Sidmouth try to close the deficit to just three points!
In the dying moments Exeter ended the brave Sidmouth effort with a try from a driving maul to complete the scoring.