Golf handicaps have changed
- Credit: Archant
Numbers going up and down
Golf is back on from next week and many local players will be eagerly booking their tee time.
Quite often on an online booking system for golf club members, your current handicap will appear and many will have reeled back in dismay, or jumped for joy, to see their handicap has changed.
How can this be when nobody has been playing golf?
According to England Golf, the idea is to better reflect the current playing ability of declining golfers and reward those who play more regularly and are more consistent.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, pretty much every golfer generally feels their game is in decline and consistency is just a joke word somebody made up in the pub.
It also takes into account the difficulty of a course. Another unfortunately, all courses are difficult if you’re playing bad. At least in our area, they are all stunning, no matter your handicap.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 7 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits