Gosse at the double for Sidmouth Warriors Under-14
Avishayes Falcons 2, Sidmouth Warriors 2 Warriors Under-14s launched a new Exeter and District Youth League campaign with a well deserved share of the spoils.
Three players made their debuts for the Warriors; Ricky Littly, Cameron Phillips and George Harris, and all three were outstanding.
Avishayes scored first, pouncing on a defensive error. Sidmouth struck back with impressive duo Lowe and Gosse both going close before an outstanding move between Phillips and Harris led to a through ball to Gosse who fired it into the top corner.
Chances came and went at both ends before a penalty was awarded to Avishayes, but. just as he had done when faced with a midweek spot kick, keeper Perez guessed the right way, but was unable to keep the ball out despite a valiant effort.
Mead and Gosse both had chances to equalise before half time.
You may also want to watch:
After the break with the Warriors playing down the slope the game began to have a one-way feel about it with Warriors’ the team in the ascendency.
With Littly and Woodruff commanding at the back and Lowe bossing midfield it allowed Harris and Phillips to play some lovely combination passing moves. From these Silk and Sparkes put in some lovely crosses. The equaliser came after 15 minutes of the second half when a free kick flighted over the top from Lowe was volleyed past the keeper and into the net by Gosse.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Warriors pressed for a winner in the and both Gosse and Sparkes hit the frame of the goal before, with the final move of the game Eliot Perez headed just wide.
Team; Ollie Perez, Kade Hayman, Matt Jones, Tom Woodruff, Ricky Littly, Joe Lowe, George Harris, Cameron Phillips, Jack Silk, Ethan Mead, Ben Gosse, Toby De Gruchy, Sam Sparkes and Eliot Perez.