Gosse nets as Sidmouth Town Reserves lose at Chagford
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Reserves went down 4-1 on their visit to Chagford for a Macron League Division One meeting.
In fairness to the side, they had been in action less than 48 hours previously with an emotional night’s work at the Coach Road, Newton Abbot home of the Devon FA where they won the Devon Senior Cup with a 2-0 win over Colyton – and they had also played two league games in the previous week.
With all that behind them, a severely depleted squad made the trip to Chagford on what was a glorious sunny afternoon.
Town did not help their cause by conceding a brace of first half penalties, but, in between the two spot kicks – both converted – Town did score a goal of their own with Joe Gosse netting.
With Town glovesman Damien Armes having an otherwise comfortable afternoon, Town eased their way through to the break still trailing by just the one goal.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Chagford scored twice more, but, in general, Town dominated much of the play, but were unable to fashion any clear-cut scoring opportunities.
Charlie Nicholl slotted in well at left back and youngster Will Ashby made his debut on the right flank as player unavailability cost the Vikings any serious chance of taking anything from the contest.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
The Town second team are back in action on Wednesday night when they are away to Lyme Regis and they are also away on Saturday (April 28) when they go to Perry Street – both coming matches are Macron League Division One fixtures.